Sunday, January 5, 2014

VENUE: Check! 336 days to go..



Hey guys! A few days ago, we visited Fernwood Gardens to personally see the place and inquire about their  wedding packages. Getting there was a bit tricky since the venue is situated in a residential area, good thing there are posters on every turn.



You'd know you're there when you see these gorgeous trees with hanging errr are those leaves? Whatever they are, I guarantee you wouldn't miss seeing and admiring them at the same time. 



What really drew me to Fernwood Gardens is the convenience of having the ceremony and reception in the same compound. The St. Francis of Assisi Chapel is located at the entrance and you'll notice more trees in front that serve as drapes.


mywedding.com

The altar looks really pretty with the white drapes, the surrounding plants, the stairs and the image of Jesus Christ in the center.





The entire chapel is well lit and ventilated but you may opt to have it air conditioned. I know glass chairs are "in" but these tiffany chairs also look nice in the garden-inspired interior of this chapel.





You have a choice between vintage cars or a horse-drawn carriage to take you to the chapel but I'm still thinking of a bridal car since I'll be coming from a nearby hotel. 





The garden venues are straight ahead towards that big dome. Couples usually have their pictures taken on this area with the gazebo and vintage phone booth in the back ground.









They have a total of four gardens and the one which appealed to me was the Cycad Garden that can accommodate up to 250 guests. I'm planning to have tables in the middle with the buffet area beautifully arranged in the back. They also have ponds for added attraction with live kois and swans. 


After a lot of negotiations, I finally signed the contract and made a down payment this afternoon, exactly three days from the day we made our first ocular. Next on my list is to make a reservation for the ceremony at St. Francis of Assisi Chapel. Apparently, the Mount Carmel Parish in Project 6 is where we need to do our booking. They also require a copy of the contract from Fernwood Gardens to block the date. I initially had a bit of a problem with booking the chapel but I'll be posting that in another entry. 


So that's it! Having an official venue for our wedding sends shivers down my spine. I'm officially getting married! Hopefully everything else will fall into place one by one as I go through the planning. Thanks for reading and have a blissful day!


♥♥♥






No comments:

Post a Comment